Friday 22 November 2013

Home Made Muesli



With Christmas around the corner this is the season of giving.  By early next week the malls will be packed with people hunting for the perfect gift, this year I have decided to make the joy of giving much more meaning full by deciding to make my own edible gifts.

 Now ,making my own edible gifts does not mean I will be transforming my kitchen into a conveyor belt  and will be toiling my way before Christmas like an elf.  My edible gifts are extremely easy making easy to make and perfectly gorgeous looking which will definitely give me an edge over the overpriced store bought  ones.


My home made muesli is not only easy to make it is also extremely nutritious as it is laden with fibre derived from oatmeal, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, Flax seeds and protein from the nuts .The most important thing being it is absolutely delicious , you can have it for breakfast with a bowl of chilled milk and fruit, or as a snack in between meals.  I like it also a topping for my ice-cream Sundae.
 
Ingredients for my Home Made muesli (1 Kg)


200 gms Oats
100 gms Flax Seeds
100gms Sunflower Seeds
200gms Wheat Flakes
100gms Seedless Dates chopped
100gms Chia Seeds
100gms Dried Figs chopped
50 gms   Raisins
50 gms   Sultanas
50 gms   Almonds chopped
60 gms   Butter
60gms     Jaggery/Honey
10 gms     Freshly ground cinnamon

 

Method

·        In a thick bottomed sauce pan dry roast Oat meal, flax seeds , sun flower seeds and almonds.

·        Add the dried fruits , wheat flaxes, chia seeds, cinnamon powder .

·        In a separate bowl mix together jaggery and butter microwave it for 1 min.

·        Add this to the mixture and mix well.

·        Let it cool down completely then you may store it in airtight containers

·        Alternatively you can gift pack it in fancy container
 

No comments:

Post a Comment